Banggood Review All time: Is it Legit, Reliable, or a Scam?
Purchasing online has moved from a curiosity to a necessity for many people over the past two decades. E-commerce businesses are demanded to touch $4.5 trillion by 2021, and some calculations predict that 95% of shopping will be performed online by 2040.
There’s no lack of online retailers from throughout the world competing for a lot of those deals dollars and promoting attractively low costs. Chinese retailer, Banggood.com, gives the “best bang for your buck.”
Banggood locates itself somewhat like an Amazon, marketing various items from apparel to toys to electronics. Sales categories even include automotive and tools, manufacturing, and scientific products.
While some retail budget sites from China focus on wholesale purchases to business, Banggood is concentrated in cross-border consumer sales. They claim to be authorized to producing China’s “high-quality goods” to the world.
But many see their rock-bottom costs and can’t help but wonder if Banggood is legit.
What is Banggood?
Can you believe that you’ll take quality items from this retailer? What do Banggood reviews from real customers have to respond to? Is Banggood a legit & reliable online store?
Is Banggood safe to give your commercial information to?
What complaints do consumers have? These are all great topics you should pick on before trusting your money with this overseas e-commerce store.
Study on for our collection of everything you need to know about Banggood.com before visiting and buying anything from this famous online retailer.
Pesapak.com Banggood Review | Overview
Banggood.com was established in 2006 and started as a firm concentrating on computer software analysis and development. It soon moved to the global e-commerce business that it is today.
This online shop trades a little bit of everything: electronics, apparel, home and garden, and beauty products, to name just a few categories. The retailer sources products from suppliers in over 100 regions in China, emphasizing choosing only top quality products.
The company name comes from the blending of two words with the same meaning, one in Chinese and one in English. “Bang” translates to good in English so that Banggood would translate: good + good. Too good to be true?
How is Banggood.com Able to Offer Such Stellar Prices? However?
Our Banggood.com review found that the company claims that low prices come from the company’s associates in four Chinese purchasing cities: Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, and Yiwu.
Working in these cities, this Hong Kong-based retailer can target the best suppliers and offer fair prices to its end consumers.
Once Banggood has got the best and highest quality products, it can ship them faster to its end buyers by having 37 warehouses worldwide, including in the United States and Europe.
Where is Banggood located?
According to Banggood’s website, their globally located warehouses provide them extra quality control checks and give much faster shipping to North America than customers typically find when buying from an Asian retailer.
If you’ve been querying how legitimate Banggood is, their number of agents provides a clue. From its humble beginnings over a decade ago, Banggood has started to employ between 4,000 to 5,000 team members.
Sounds pretty good. Banggood gives its customers incentives, too:
- Free or low-cost shipping
- Credit card, PayPal, Boleto, and more than 20 other secure payment options
- Expert customer service
- An affiliate program, permitting you to make money along with Banggood
- VIP Club
- Banggood Review Club
- No minimum order quantities
- Banggood mobile app
Those are just the tip of the iceberg. Banggood.com has a page given to its guarantees:
- Seven days DOA product guarantee: If one or more of the items you got are broken, various than what was ordered, or not working, you can contact Banggood within seven days of taking the order for refund or replacement.
- Product Warranty: These vary according to the product, so be sure to read the fine print before buying. You can see more reports here.
- 14 Days Returns: If you’re not happy with your order and the products are still in brand new condition, Banggood can arrange a partial refund – the price of item(s) minus the shipping fee.
- Cancellation Policy: If the order hasn’t been processed, you’re free to cancel it. If the order has already been shipped, you’ll still be protected by its 14 days return policy.
- Broken Screen Service Policy: This policy only covers Xiaomi mobile phones and will give a one-time bonus payment if the internal or external screen is broken during the service period.
Based on these statements, it looks like Banggood has a lot going for it to customer service. But despite their attempts to reach out to North American customers, several U.S. consumers have never even heard of Banggood.com.
Is Banggood legit? Can it be trusted? And why would we prefer Banggood USA when we already have so many online buying options available? Let’s dig deeper into our Banggood.com review.
Banggood Review | Pros & Cons
As with any company, you are going to see both positive and negative reviews for Banggood. So, you’ll want to dig into the details beyond the star ratings, which is what we’ve done in looking at Banggood complaints and praise.
Let’s break it down so that you can see if Banggood.com matches up to your expectations for an online retail experience.
Banggood Reviews: Pros
Trustpilot is a great place to start when looking for customer reviews about a given company. And the site does not disappoint in numbers: there are over 19,500 Banggood.com reviews there!
Banggood has scored 4 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. Surprisingly enough, 75% of those who left a Banggood review left them a 5-star review, which is truly rare with overseas companies.
Just what are TrustPilot members gushing about in their Banggood reviews?
While many Banggood reviews praise the quality of the products received (especially given such great prices), the most glowing Banggood reviews are actually from people who experienced trouble with their orders and corrected them.
Another area of praise is about the variety of products available on Banggood that are difficult to find online anywhere else, such as their safety products.
They’ve recently had much negative feedback, and many customers claim that Banggood’s products and customer service are not as good as they used to be.
Customers mention receiving completely wrong or defective and broken items, a common occurrence with Banggood customer service that takes a long time to respond with something other than a generic auto-reply email.
Excellent customer service, excellent prices, and quality products are some of the praise noted on ResellerRatings, with shoppers mentioning quick corrections if a wrong or damaged product is received.
Some of the positive Banggood reviews from TrustPilot and Reseller Ratings are as follows:
- One reviewer noted that they have an impressive list of safety products that can’t be found online anywhere else and said, “My experience with Banggood is great.” They also noted that any issue with damaged or defective items has always been solved quickly.
- In another Banggood review, the shopper said they’d ordered 99 times from Banggood and that “all items have been delivered.” They said it’s an excellent site for those with hobbies and that the free shipping may take up to 4 weeks.
- A verified buyer that gave the site 5 out of 5 said, “Right from their good pricing and prompt delivery to prompt after-sales issue to refund. I must say I’m impressed all in all.”
- One reviewer that initially gave Banggood a bad review changed it to a 5-star review saying that the company responded to their issue of receiving a damaged R.C. plane kit and “offered a full refund without any hassle!” They said they’d continue buying from Banggood.
Based on these Banggood.com reviews, it would seem that whether or not you order from Banggood comes down to patience.
It sounds like getting the right product, undamaged, could be hit or miss. But the company does seem to correct most of the problems promptly, according to multiple Banggood reviews.
Let’s look at the other side of things—it’s time for our Banggood review to look at Banggood complaints.
Banggood Reviews: Cons
We’ve all heard that, statistically, people are more inclined to share negative experiences than positive ones.
Does that mean that Banggood complaints are exaggerated, or do people have poor experiences with this company? SiteJabber offers mixed reviews that are more negative than positive overall.
Banggood got 2 out of 5 stars from 1,788 total reviewers, with most reviewers giving it a 1-star rating (1,187 reviews). Just 306 reviewers on SiteJabber gave the retailer 5-stars.
These reviews also touch on low quality, poor customer service, and issues with Banggood tracking numbers.
Two other Banggood complaints were about warranties on electronics that didn’t cover necessary parts and the repair process taking entirely too long for items that break or malfunction shortly after receiving them.
As we’ve already looked at many positive Banggood reviews, let’s hear from a few disgruntled Banggood customers:
- Banggood review from Lionel F: “Three months to receive many ordered items going back to mid-December…only 2 received in a timely manner.”
- Banggood review from Christopher L: “I received 2 packages that were incorrect from Banggood… They keep emailing me about the wrong order and I keep sending pictures and describing what has happened… I don’t understand how a big company could have such bad customer service.”
- Banggood review from Carmen V: “I ordered a red bag. I got a pink one. Customer service is horrible, and they are now calling the color “rose red.” Bottom line—stay away!”
- Banggood review from Willow F: “The charge hub [I ordered] never charged, the Bluetooth mouse was not Bluetooth and the sound adapter fell to pieces (the front fell off) and does not work… This has to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.”
It all boils down to your will to gamble on getting the wrong product, going through the long refunds/returns process, and having to wait for a reorder? Or do you want your items to be delivered the first time correctly—even if it costs you a little more money?
Banggood Review Responsiveness
In Banggood’s defense, the company seems to be quick in responding to complaints on SiteJabber and other third-party review sites, as far as we have seen. There have also been reviewers that have changed a bad rating to a good one due to that responsiveness.
However, some of the responses tend to be very generic and not truly helpful.
Our Banggood.com review found that the company apologizes for the issue and usually offers some actionable solutions (though it isn’t always what the customer is looking for).
It is particularly true in cases where customers are having issues with their Banggood tracking number. International orders can be tricky to track at times, with tracking not always available.
According to Banggood reviews on SiteJabber, Banggood tracking numbers may disappear after a month or so, which can be frustrating since many items take longer to arrive.
However, as you can see below, the English is less than stellar, which may account for some communication problems throughout the process:
“We apologize for leaving a painful shopping experience at banggood.
Could you please kindly tell us the order number and ask the post office to make a certification to prove that you didn’t receive the parcel. Then you send the certificate to us, and we could arrange a refund or resend it to you.
I am hoping for your kindly understanding.
So, some people have had great experiences and find Banggood very responsive to order problems, while others have had terrible experiences and felt like they were scammed.
But who is right? Customers leaving positive Banggood reviews, or those with Banggood complaints? What’s the truth – Is Banggood legit or not?
Banggood Review: Is Banggood Legit?
So, is Banggood legit or not? In our eyes, the answer depends on how you define legitimate.
Our research found that Banggood is indeed a real business. It ships actual items from an entire warehouse to real people worldwide, and Banggood shipping to the U.S. is a popular option.
The site isn’t just a scam meant to take your money; it’s a legitimate business. However, it’s important to note that the type of support you get and the quality of the items you’ll receive are subjective, and experiences seem to vary greatly.
Additionally, Banggood administers a variety of programs designed to bolster its sales platform, including:
- Fashion Blogger Program: If you’re a fashion blogger with 1,000 followers (via Bloglovin’ or Google friend) &
- You have a minimum of 5,000 followers on one of your social networking accounts (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), maybe Banggood’s Fashion Blogger Program could be a good option.
- You could get free clothing (worth from US$30 to US$300) every month to review and write about on your blog and social media.
- Affiliate Program: This is a commission-based advertising program between Banggood and an advertiser/influencer. Banggood provides you with trackable affiliate links, tools, and information to promote Banggood offers on your website and social media. When visitors click on the affiliate links and go to Banggood.com, the affiliate may receive a commission if that click leads to a sale.
- Wholesale Program: Wholesale program is open to all retail customers. The central premise of this program is – the more you spend, the more you can save.
- Drop-Ship Program: As a dropshipper, you can buy 5%-20% cheaper products than on Banggood.com & you can price the products however you want. After someone purchases your webshop, you place an order with Banggood. One of its warehouses handles it and ships it directly to your customer.
Banggood Drop-Shipping Program
- Review Club: You can earn 10 Banggood points by writing a review about a product you ordered. You receive extra points if your review contains a video or photos.
Banggood’s many positive reviews show that it has pleased customers from all around the world. However, it’s hard to know which thoughts are legit with so many affiliates and reward programs.
However, suppose your idea of a legit company is one that consistently delivers the correct products in a timely fashion and without any glitches in customer service, returns, or refunds. In that case, Banggood may not be the best choice for you.
Problems with damaged or defective items and difficulty correcting issues or getting their refunds left many shoppers with a bad taste in their mouths.
Pesapak.com Banggood Conclusion: Is Banggood Safe?
When visiting the site itself, you can feel good about the fact that Trustwave and McAfee Secure certify Banggood. McAfee further states that it has not detected any malware, malicious links, or phishing from Banggood’s website.
We could not find any severe claims regarding credit card fraud, financial scams, or banking data breaches despite intense research.
Is Banggood safe? Yes. Is it your best online buying option? Maybe. It depends on your needs, what you’re buying, and, ultimately, your patience. Be sure to research all of your options before you start shopping because you sometimes get what you paid for. Happy shopping!